HOME FIRE EMBER INTRUSION PROOFING
What are some things that keep homeowners up at night?
- Home security and invasion issues…Indeed!
- A pin-hole water leak in the plumbing system…Absolutely!
- Whether their roof is fit to handle this next rainy season…Undoubtedly!
Here is another home condition and concern during the dry and high-temperature seasons and months of the year that may cause not only the man of the house but also the Mrs. to lose sleep:
“DEAR…HOW WELL PROTECTED IS OUR HOME IN THE EVENT OF A LOCAL BRUSH FIRE?”
Experts in the field of firefighting state that one of the main culprits behind homes suddenly going up in flames are hot airborne embers that make their way through openings on the roofs and into the attic due to missing or damaged metal mesh . The following is a list of such openings on the sides and on top of a homeowner’s roof that should be covered with 1/8″ metal mesh:
- Eave and soffit vent openings
- Plumbing/Bathroom Roof vent pipe openings
- Kitchen exhaust vent pipe openings
- HVAC vent stack/pipe openings
- Attic ventilation openings
- Dormer vent openings
- Small box vent openings
Researchers, professionals, and experienced individuals in the field of fire prevention highly encourage homeowners to regularly have their homes’ roofing system inspected to make sure that the above list of potential hot fire ember entries is properly covered with 1/8″ metal mesh to help prevent wildfire hot ember intrusion.
Call to get an estimate today!
Click the number to CALL NOW: (949) 589-0193